Download the current print Newsline!
Click the link above to see the FULL PRINT edition as a PDF including recent church family news.
Adult Growth Groups
July 11 | Wednesdays | 6:00-7:00pm | Alexandria Campus
4 new classes: iMarriage taught by Greg and Sharifa Bevels, Goliath Must Fall taught by Cindy Avery, Women of the Word taught by Megan Strain and Amanda Iles, Experiencing God (Midweek) taught by Dr. Cliff Stewart. Visit calvarynet.net/wednesdays for details on these classes plus groups for your children or student.
A Calvary Christmas Choir Kickoff Rehearsal
Sunday, August 5 | 4:00-6:00pm in the Choir Rehearsal Room
Do you like to sing and are looking for a way to use your talent? Show up and get a peak at this year’s music and be a part of our choir!
A Calvary Christmas - Volunteer Signup
Welcome Center | Multiple Skills & Talents Needed
You don’t have to sing to be a part of A Calvary Christmas! This is a grand event for our church and community and it takes hundreds of people to make it happen. Areas of interest include: Acting, Seamstresses, Construction, Animal’s, Props, Stage Crew, Greeters, & Hospitality in additon to our choir and orchestra. If you are interested please let us know!
Contact: Julie Morris, email@example.com
Southern Plainsmen Quartet in Concert
Thursday, July 26 | 11:00am | Calvary Hall
Celebrating 40 years of music and ministry! Marcelle Slaughter, Tenor, an original member of the group, is joined by Aaron Allen, Lead, Tim Thomas, Baritone, and Gabriel Austin, Bass. They have performed all over America through the years. A plate lunch will be served after the concert with decorated tables and door prizes, all for $5.00 per person.
School Supply Drives
Woodworth Campus - collecting for Forrest Hill Elementary. Scissors, glue, crayons, pencils, and colored pencils. Collection bins in our Woodworth Lobby.
Alexandria Campus - collecting for Horseshoe Drive Elementary. A new opportunity through your Life Group. Don’t have a Life Group? Call 445-5640 and see how you can help.
Saturday, August 25 | 9:00am-3:30pm | Grades 4-6
This is an Evangelism Celebration designed for Grades 4-6 children and is put on by ourLouisiana Baptist Convention. We are hosting this year! The speaker is Micah Mariano from The FOUR56 Church in San Angelo, TX. The worship band is the Cypress Worship Band and entertainment is Steve Carrier from Mega Force. Contact: Janet Jewell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Morning New Ministry Year
Begins August 12, 9:00am and 10:30am
Grade Level Promotions in all Preschool and Children Sunday School Classes!
On August 12, all adults will gather on the 2nd & 3rd floors of the Adult Center for light snacks before their Life Group. If you’ve never tried a Life Group and need a suggestion, come to the second or third floors of the Adult Center 8:45-9:00am and 10:00-10:30am where staff and volunteers will be available to help guide you to a Life Group that’s right for you.
Wednesday Nights KidzJam, Ekklesia, Pursuit and Support Groups Return August 29
- KidzJam is our Wednesday night program for kids (preschool 3’s through grade 6) at 6:00pm.
- Ekklesia is our Senior High group (9th-12th Grade) at 7:00pm.
- Pursuit is our Junior High (7th and 8th Grade) at 6:00pm.
- For Adults, a series of classes ranging from Growth Classes for Single Parents, Financial Peace University, Precepts, The 6:05 (for College Students) and more will begin as well.
- Support Groups for grief, breaking addictions, finding peace, divorce and more also start on August 29.
- Midweek is a weekly adult study with live teaching and video elements in Calvary Hall.
All Wednesday night programming begins at 6:00 p.m.More info to come but mark your calendars today!
Sympathy from the Calvary Family To
- Linda and Butch Maynard and family, in the loss of her father, Albert Herrin
- Christopher and Andrea Seeling Clark, Jude and Carter; in the loss of her mother and their grandmother, Kathy Hulsey Seeling
- Cheryl and Kermit Pharris, in the loss of her brother, Steve Williams
- Heather Walker, Lydia and Emily; in the loss of husband and father, Jody Walker
- Family of Rita Sims
- It’s a girl! Caroline Grace - Born to Bethany and Kyle Newsom - 7lbs. 4 oz. 20” - 7/2/18
- It’s a boy! Noah James - Born to Jennifer and Michael Floyd - 8 lbs. 20” - 7/6/18 - Grandmother is Debi McNutt
- It’s a boy! Maddox LeeBorn to Aleesha and Gray Moffett - 7 lbs. 3 oz. 19” - 7/6/18
- It’s a girl! Tillie Drew - Born to Kelsey and Jordan Alford - 5 lbs. 12 oz. 17” - 7/10/18
- Chris and Tabitha VanDusenand family