Summer on the GO
WHY? God has placed us where we live and with the people we know for a purpose. He has called us to connect and share the gospel with them because we know that following Jesus is better...than anything! Throughout the summer, we want to be visible and intentional with our neighbors and friends. Form relationships with people. Be open, we never know what God will use to soften someones heart to His message. We can't be "friends" with everyone, but we can be more intentional with our interactions and change the way we see people. When is the best time to start...today!
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Host a front-yard ice-cream party with neighbors
- Host a coffee and dessert night
- Prayer walk your neighborhood
- Pass out produce from your garden to neighbors
- Host a game night (yard games outside or board games inside)
- For those with small children, organize a playdate with other families in your neighborhood
- Invite neighbors over for Saturday morning breakfast or brunch
- Invite neighborhood families to VBS (June 4-8) or Calvary Family Field Day (June 13 - Brame Fields)
...ON THE GO
- When at a restaurant, ask your waitstaff, “when we pray over our meal, how can we pray for you?”
- Ask a cashier at your grocery or hardware store, “when you go to church, where do you attend?” Invite them to meet you at church.
- Ask your barber or hairstylist about their prayer needs
- Be intentional and engage in conversations at gathering places like pools, splash pads, restaurants, the beach, parks, etc.
- Invite a friend or family to participate with you in an activity like walking the dog, running/walking, golf, fishing, etc.
- Invite a co-worker to lunch and share your story with them
2018 Calvary Connects
Author, speaker and professor Alvin Reid encouraged us and gave us practical ways we can be more attentive in recognizing those around us as people who not only were created by God just like all of us, but they are in need of a relationship with Jesus just like we all are.